Wednesday, June 9, 2010

(Almost) Free Art



Every spring my good friend Makoto, his brother Vasco, and their friends, spend a few weeks in southern Chile surfing their collective brains out.  When I saw this photo of Vasco emerging from the water with the sunset illuminating a perfect, feathering lip, I started begging Makoto to send me a copy.  I forced the issue when ms. pix and I spent the afternoon at Makoto's house making what we all agreed were the world's best fish tacos.  Makoto printed out the shot as well as another shot of him pulling into an inviting barrel.  Even at a 12x16 size, the detail and colors are amazing (the Canon 5D helps).  Picked up a pair of rustic wood frames at Pottery Barn for under $90 bones.  Presto - instant art on the cheap.  The shots of the brothers Agnoli in surfing nirvana look great in my bedroom.  Next year I'm in.

No comments:

Post a Comment