Thursday, June 3, 2010

Tough Love



I know, I know...it's all about boots these days with American brands like Red Wing and Wolverine getting mad love.  But a man can't live in boots alone.  These Frye oxfords (similar to these ones) are a good alternative.  With their chunky rubber sole and pebble grain leather, they are right at home in the garden or having a beer dropped on them at Bottom of the Hill.  In fact, the more beat up they get, the better they look.  I stole these at Martin + Osa for $45 - down from $200 (Martin + Osa is going out of business and the whole store is basically on sale. I'm liking these shorts and these chinos).
Lots of alternatives out there. I like these and these - both available at the indispensable Gimme Shoes in Hayes Valley.

No comments:

Post a Comment