Friday, May 28, 2010

In Search of the Everyday Jeans




I have quite a bit of denim in my closet, but still felt like I was missing that pair of everyday "go-to" jeans.  My preference was rigid, selvedge jeans in a standard fit (no low-rise) with a price tag around $200. I tried a lot of options (Raleigh Denim, Tellason, Jean Shop, etc...).  While these were all beautifully handcrafted jeans, none really worked for me. Just as I was losing hope, I dropped into UNIONMADE on Sanchez.  Owner Todd Barket directed me to the Levis Vintage 1947 501s.  As soon as I put them on I knew they were the ones - the perfect everyday jean.  Gorgeous White Oak denim from Cone Mills, a neutral, old-school fit and beautiful contrast stitching. $220.  I have pretty much lived in these bad boys ever since.  If you're looking for jeans (or any everyday clothing for that matter), do yourself a favor and check out UNIONMADE.


3 comments:

  1. have you tried nudie jeans yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't but I know its quality denim. Lots of Nudie on sale at Barneys right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen, I hope you realize you look unbelievably good in those jeans! the shot of your behind in the Levi's, is that you? Nicest fitting jeans I've ever seen! can I find you on Facebook or twitter?

    ReplyDelete