Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Iconic Essential: The Lacoste Polo




I've had mixed success with Lacoste Polos. After a few times in the dryer (I typically throw my dress shirts in the dryer on low for about 15 minutes before hanging to dry) they looked about 2 sizes too small. I ended up giving many a crocodile away to my friend Tom who is about 5 inches and 30 pounds smaller. I tried buying a couple sizes too large but this translated to formless, baggy shirts that were not at all flattering. So while I liked the idea of polo shirts and see other guys look great in them, the polo was out of the rotation in my closet. However I dropped into the Lacoste Store the other day and was pleased to find Lacoste's new Red! Slimfit Polo is not only slimmer but longer. I also liked the 2 button look (instead of the customary 3). Bought a size 8 (XXL) which was long enough to wear in or out and was fitted without being snug. Absolutely loved the Tulip Red color that looked rather smart with the Shipley and Halmos black trousers I was wearing. The Lacoste girl told me under no circumstances should it end up in the dryer. Hang dry, then iron. I'm resolved to follow her advice. I'll let you know how it turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment