Thursday, April 22, 2010

No Static At All


I've been honing in on a jacket for Geck (to replace the broken-down G-Star jacket I bequeathed him a few years ago) for the last several weeks.  Found a couple good candidates at Diesel and G-Star, but everything seemed a little too over-the-top for a guy who prefers T Rex to TV on the Radio.  Luckily, I was recently tipped of to UnionMade on Sanchez.  I have too many good things to say about this shop, but in short, it's my new favorite men's store in San Francisco. The very easy-going and extremely well-versed salesman, Jason hooked Tom up with the military/workman inspired "Cadet Jacket", a pair of J. Crew Vintage Slim Fit Selvedge Jeans (woven on 100 year-old looms), and a great button-down madras shirt.   The entire operation took about 30 minutes. Dined at Contigo ,off 24th to celebrate Geck's new duds.  And yeah, we sat at the bar...

2 comments:

  1. That was the most painless shopping trip I've ever taken. I walked away with some great stuff at mid range prices. Wearing it all today and getting props. If you're a clueless guy shopper like me, take Steve up on his service. It rocks. And I'm still totally straight! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks TG. And thanks for dinner. Go Sharks

    ReplyDelete