Friday, April 23, 2010

Object of Affection: James Perse Standard T-Shirt





The only thing ironic about an ironic t-shirt is that a grown man would chose to wear one. You really want the first thing people know about you is that you provide mustache rides or that you had sex with their mom?  Running a close second in the race to offend are graphic tees featuring skulls, winged-beasts, and all things medieval.  Are you trying to scare me?
I got no qualms with understated designs like those done by Rogues Gallery  but the last thing I want is to make a statement with my undershirt.  For every day use, I prefer the James Perse Standard Crew Neck  - mostly because they fit me well.  Slightly fitted but not so tight that you can tell how much I bench press. Sleeves are just long enough.  The $45 price tag may seem high for a plain cotton tee, but they maintain their shape and color through repeated washings.  Alternative's Perfect Crew is another good choice.
So leave the clever tees to the kids at Urban Outfitters. I just hope they realize it's not cool to talk about someone's mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment